Tuesday, May 17, 2011

My Brother from Another Mot...Oh I mean, my Brother Laser Printer

I just wanted to report that we received our Brother laser printer yesterday. My husband had it hooked up and printed quite a bit, mostly his gaming PDF's. We had a heck of a time trying to get my computer to print on it, but after a while he got it to work. Print quality is excellent; pictures are a bit different to judge since of course it only prints in black & white. However I did try a few internet printable coupons and they look spectacular. Of course images are "different" looking but not fuzzy or bad looking, again just in monochrome.

Which of course leads me to believe that I may have problems in the future trying to redeem black & white coupons. However, even the tiny text is very clear/readable and most coupons nowadays have the "veri fy" website link on them, so if anyone even trys to HINT at the fact that I tried to do something illegal I will set things straight right away (the iPad 3G will help a lot!).

All in all I am very happy with it and am glad we purchased it. There is nothing that is essential (for me) to be printed out in color, so I'm going to assume that I shall be using this printer exclusively. It is hooked up right next to the inkjet printer and they are both on the wireless connection though so it's all good.

4 comments:

  1. Woot! On my side of the world, I'm getting my first paycheck at the end of this week, and oh if your Wags is doing a "Buy a Scotch Magic tape for 1.99 and receive 2 free" this week via the weekly ad coupon, you can buy three free with the coupon from here:

    http://www.3m.com/brands/scotch/promos/welcomecoupon.pdf

    Print two copies of the $1 off Scotch Magic Tape coupon from the pdf, and combine it with the weekly ad coupon, so 1.99-2=free!

    Have fun! Happy couponing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks very much! Planning on going to Walgreens today to do the Old Spice bodywash deal so I'll try this as well. Sadly, I did not get the b1g1 free Gilette Deodorants coupon in my P&G :( I thought I had gotten it but I don't clip my coupons out, so I guess I was wrong -_-;;

    But that's OK, the husband still has a few left :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just stumbled upon your website today. And I was going to purchase the same brother printer you just got today. I'm glad it prints well. I want it for the wireless to make it easier when printing. Thanks for the amazon tip! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad it helped you out. I'm very happy with the purchase and it really wasn't that costly when you think about it. I got the printer and an entire new toner cartridge for $149 off of amazon with free shipping.

    Now, the toner cartridges can be costly (around $40 or so I believe), but they say they can print into the thousands of pages. I guess that will remain to be seen! We got the extra toner cartridge off the bat though because we read in comments that the one that comes with the printer is very sucky. It says it can print about 700 pages but my husband only got about 350 out of it (he printed a lot of stuff for his D&D-like game the first day, haha).

    ReplyDelete