Friday, May 13, 2011

Internet Printable Coupons

Printers are costly - or at least, the ink for printers is costly. I'm only just getting back into couponing, so obviously I haven't printed up much in the way of internet, Target, or other store coupons. However, I can safely say that we spent a lot of money on ink for our all-in-one Kodak printer this last year. I had entertained the idea of a monochrome (black and white) printer a long while back but decided against it and never brought the idea up to my husband.

Well wouldn't you know, he decided to bring it up! Not because of coupons (haha!) but because he wants to be able to print out lots of PDF files and such for his table-top games and so his gamers can have reference sheets and the like.

Anyways, we purchased Brother Printer HL2270DW Wireless Monochrome Printer from Amazon along with an extra toner cartridge for it, rated to print over 2,600 pages. Pretty sweet deal if you ask me! Total purchase was $149 or so, with free shipping via my Amazon Prime account, and we should have it in 2 or 3 days.

As soon as we get it I plan on printing some coupons out. I'll post how good they come out when it happens!

3 comments:

  1. Ah, I'm considering monochrome meself, or at least a portable one or something... and yea ink is way expensive... =(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well when we get it I'll be sure to report on how it works! It had very good reviews (and lots of them) on Amazon, that was pretty much what made us purchase it right then and there.

    The only problem I can see [for me, as a couponer] is that some cashiers/stores are finicky about accepting black & white coupons, like they think you simply photocopied them (oh, I've read threads like that on AFC!). But, I plan on bringing my iPad with me in case they get that weird about it, and input the verification codes on ... Well whatever site it is, I forget at the moment, that tells you if it is a good coupon or not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha, great idea. I will have to do that once I get a smartphone...

    ReplyDelete