Saturday, May 14, 2011

5/14 First Time PRICE-MATCHING - Clean & Clear

So. Where should I begin?

Five or so days ago I had tried to go to Walmart to price match; I went to the customer service desk to see how it would go. I was flatly told that they don't do price-matches on buy one get one free sales, even though I told them how their price match policy states yes, they do. Still denied. Called corporate number, told me I was right, they took my information and said the manager of the store would be contacting me. I didn't hear a word to flash forward to today. I had one Clean & Clear coupon left and I wanted to use it!

So today I went to a few Walgreens on my way to the husband's work to bring him lunch. No Walgreens had any on the shelves. I decided to stop by Walmart. After driving around foreeever trying to find a parking spot, I finally got one semi-close to the doors. Now, normally I'd have no qualms about parking far away, but it is raining a lot and I didn't have my umbrella with me.

Anyhoo, went to customer service and asked the (different) workers there my question on price matching. They were going to tell me "No," but I showed them the corporate policy [on my iPad...] so they called over a CSM. She confirmed yes they do price-match as long as there is a price; they were discussing this a few days ago (hmm, did my call have anything to do with it?).

So I go grab my four bottles and get into the line where the CSM('s) usually hang out (one of those express lanes, but I wasn't in "the" express lane, I was in the line next to it).

Long story short...I was there in line for about 20 minutes while they tried to get THE manager on the phone/walkie-talkie to see if it was true that they now accepted b1g1 free price-matches (turns out they JUST had a meeting where they told cashiers they do NOT accept them...). At one point I had 4 other Walmart employees clustered about the register XD I feel glad that I didn't hear any rude comments behind me, and I kept apologizing especially to the lady directly behind me -- as did the cashier in line. She [the cashier] actually thanked me as well because no one knew this new policy was in effect.

However, they still didn't ring it up correctly...But I only paid $2 extra on top of the $5.99 I should have paid for all four bottles (I had one b1g1 free coupon, I wanted to price match two sets of the Clean & Clear body wash and then use the coupon on the two I was actually buying.) so...Whatever! I wanted to simultaneously facepalm and headdesk myself. If nothing else, this will spark something happening about educating the cashiers on the new coupon/ad-matching policies.

I know and understand that some people have been able to use the b1g1 free coupon in conjunction with the b1g1 free sale thereby only paying tax for two bottles. I did it myself with my first coupon at one Walgreens. However since I only had two coupons left after that I decided to use it on four bottles - buying one and getting three free, which now gives me a total of 10 bottles of Clean & Clear bodywash.

I tried to tell the cashier she was doing it wrong (the CSM had just told her how to do it their way of correctly -- ring two up at $2.99 and two at $3.00, and then write in $5.99 on the b1g1 free coupon I was using -- but they all walked away before the transaction was completed. Again...Whatever. I finally got a few of the pink scented ones!)

THIS IS THE RECEIPT:
2 bodywash @ $2.99 each
2 bodywash @ $4.97 each
-$2.99 coupon
-$4.97 coupon
TOTAL: $9.07 or $7.96 + tax

(originally posted to A Full Cup)

3 comments:

  1. *giggle* well, wasn't PERFECT but I guess it's one of those days. You go Coupon Ninja! I tried to buy a Sunday paper today but no one had em... The Circle K around the corner had Saturday's paper O_o

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I tried to get my papers yesterday at Jewel (where I normally go because they always have a huge rolling car around noon on Saturdays and of course on Sundays). Papers yesterday had no coupons in them, so I didn't buy them. I went in today around 1:30 and thankfully they still had some. I'd normally go in in earlier but I had only just woke up around 1pm XD (went to bed around 6am due to being at Rocky Horror...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh makes sense. I think I tried at like, 3pm *hangs head in shame* Bad Cici!

    ReplyDelete